Overall, I really liked this book. It has an enormous amount of useful information that is broken down into simple terms and examples, so that even a beginner can use it effectively. It truly has something for everyone. However, it may be best for someone who has access to a gym which already has all the required equipment. Many women (particularly those just starting out in fitness) simply don’t have all (if any) of the equipment required to accomplish many of these exercises. Other than that, it really is a valuable resource!
This book was provided to me for review by Rodale Publishers.
The Women’s Health Big Book of Exercises
The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises is the essential workout guide for anyone who wants a better body. As the most comprehensive collection of exercises ever created, this makeover manual is a body-shaping power tool for both beginners and longtime fitness buffs alike. From start to finish, this 480-page makeover manual bulges with hundreds of useful tips, the latest findings in exercise science, and cutting-edge workouts from the world's top trainers.
Inside The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises you'll find:
All expertly demonstrated with color photographs, with dozens of movements for every muscle in your body, including:
* More than 100 core exercises! You'll never run out of ways to sculpt your abs.
* 74 biceps, triceps, and forearm exercises: Tone your arms faster than ever before.
* 64 chest exercises, to burn more calories and even help give your bosom a lift.
* 103 back exercises, to make sure you turn heads in your backless dress.
* 40 shoulder exercises, so you can wear a tank top with confidence.
* 99 quadriceps and calves exercises, to help you look great in a pair of shorts.
* 62 glutes and hamstrings exercises, for the perfect backside.
Hundreds of workouts!
From cover to cover, you'll quickly see that there's a training plan for every fitness goal—whether you want to shrink your hip, find your abs, or shape your arms. Highlights include:
* The World's Greatest 4-Week Diet and Exercise Plan
* The Get-Your-Body-Back (Fast!) Guide
* The Prenatal Workout