Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rick and Bubba's Guide to the Almost Nearly Perfect Marriage - Book Review

I must say, I was looking forward to reading and reviewing this book, because by the title alone, I just knew it had to be funny! And I’m happy to report it didn’t disappoint! Rick & Bubba’s Guide to the Almost Nearly Perfect Marriage by Rick Burgess & Bill “Bubba” Bussey is fantastic! These two radio hosts and self-proclaimed “sexiest fat men in America” have a lot to say about marriage! And most of it is pretty funny, but don’t let that fool you – there’s also a lot of nuggets of marital wisdom to be mined here, along with solid Scriptural Truths.

Within the pages of this awesome book are: Rules of Engagement for Women and Rules of Engagement for Men, Top Ten Things Not to Say on the Way to Your Honeymoon, Three Sides to Every Story, The Ten Commandments of Marriage, Top Ten Worst Ways to Say “I’m Sorry,” Rick & Bubba’s Anniversary Gift Chart, Differences Between Mom Discipline and Dad Discipline, Sample Apologies for Men and Sample Apologies for Women, Rick & Bubba’s Ideal Date Nights, and more.

If you are looking for a “different” kind of marriage book, this one’s for you. Included with the book is a Best of Rick & Bubba CD, and the formerly secret Book of Blame. I truly enjoyed it and I’m sure you will too.


~~~

Rick and Bubba's Guide to the Almost Nearly Perfect Marriage
By Rick Burgess and Bill "Bubba" Bussey

The only thing funnier than marriage is Rick and Bubba talkin' about it!

Rick and Bubba are at it again, and this time it is all about marriage. Addressing such topics as apologizing (The Ten Worst Ways to Say I’m Sorry), communication (Grunting Is Not a Language), date nights (Worst Date Nights in History), finances (I Thought You Paid the Gas Bill), and playing sports together (I Did Too Let You Win), the two "sexiest fat men alive" will have couples everywhere tied in knots.

1 comment: