Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Violet Dawn by Brandilyn Collins

Hi, my name is Tracy, and I’m an addict! I have just finished the book Violet Dawn, which is the first in the Kanner Lake Series by Brandilyn Collins. Brandilyn is known for her trademark Seatbelt Suspense and with Violet Dawn she did not disappoint.


If you like suspense and drama this book is for you. Of course, it is a page turner and after reading it, you’ll probably think twice before jumping into a darkened hot tub The characters are completely believable and enjoyable. Continually, I wanted to reach through the book to hug Paige, the main character, who had good reasons for her fear and loneliness. I generally enjoy the MC’s in the books I read, but this is the first time I remember feeling true empathy for one.

In addition, Brandilyn paints a wonderful picture of the small town of Kanner Lake, complete with beautiful north Idaho nature and quirky townsfolk. I loved the setting, the shops and the people. The whole murder thing aside, I really wanted to pack up my stuff and move there.


This really was a thrilling read and I’m glad I started. It’s time now for me to get my next fix. Coral Moon, I’m coming for you…


~~~


Violet Dawn
by Brandilyn Collins



Paige Williams slips into her hot tub in the blackness of night – and finds herself face to face with death. Alone, terrified, fleeing a dark past, Paige must make an unthinkable choice.

In Violet Dawn, hurtling events and richly drawn characters collide in a breathless story of murder, the need to belong, and faith’s first glimmer. One woman’s secrets unleash an entire town’s pursuit, and the truth proves as elusive as the killer in their midst.

2 comments:

  1. Tracy, thanks much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed Violet Dawn. Blessings!

    ~ Brandilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait Tracy until you finish the series and move on to her latest. I thought I would never get over the end of Kanner Lake and then comes a new stand alone that I loved.

    I'm addicted!

    ReplyDelete